Please read this policy carefully to understand how Built processes your personal data, as well as your rights surrounding that data.
This policy applies to customer information collected from individuals residing in the United States and Canada only. It is not intended for individuals within other countries, including the European Union and European Economic Area.
This policy describes the privacy-related practices of Built Technologies, Inc. (“Built”) applicable to the information we collect or that you may provide to us as an individual. The policy covers:
- Websites (including their subdomains) maintained by Built which link to this policy (“Website”).
- Web and mobile application-based technology platforms provided to you by Built which link to this policy (“Services”).
This policy explains how Built processes your personal data as you use our Website and Services. Processing includes collection, storage, transfer, sharing, disclosure and handling of personal data. This policy does not apply to any third-party web domains and services that may be linked to our Website or Services which Built does not control or maintain.
By using our Website or our Services, you acknowledge that you have read this policy and consent to Built’s privacy practices as described below. You further affirm your consent by submitting content, materials and/or personal data to or through our Website or Services. If you are accessing the Website or Services on behalf of a legal entity, references to you refer to you as an individual, and to the legal entity you are representing.
By using our Services, or by providing your personal data to us, you grant us permission to communicate with you electronically regarding any legal, regulatory, technical, security, privacy and administrative or consumer notification obligations that may be related to your use of the Website and the Services.
If you have any questions about this policy and our data processing practices, or would like to submit a data subject access request (DSAR), you can contact us by email or through the web form below.
Web form: DSAR Form
DSARs are promptly reviewed by our compliance team, who will communicate with you directly.
This policy covers the following areas related to our privacy practices.
- The types of personal data we process when you use our Website and Services.
- Our purposes for processing your personal data.
- The ways in which your personal data is utilized by us.
- Who we share your personal data with.
- The choices available to you regarding the processing of your personal data.
- The actions available to you for:
- Requesting information about your personal data and our processing activities.
- Exercising your individual data privacy rights.
- The security and compliance practices we leverage to prevent unauthorized access, deletion, alteration, use, or disclosure of information you provide to us.
The Data We Process
We collect two types of data from you when you use our Website and Services – non-personal (or anonymized) data and personal data. These are described below.
We gather broad, anonymized data surrounding activity within our Website and our Services, including:
- Number of unique visitors.
- Frequency of visits.
- Date and time of visits.
- Public Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of visitors.
- Location information of visitors (geolocation).
- Basic web browser statistics (browser type, OS, screen resolution, screen colors).
- Basic device information (device type & brand, OS, service provider).
- Error log data reported by users’ web browsers.
- Incoming (referred) and outgoing URL links as users visit from other sites.
- Web page landing and view statistics.
We analyze the data above in summary form rather than on an individual basis. We may also combine (aggregate) this data with other information in a way that does not identify you. We process the non-personal data above so we can identify usage and functionality trends within our Website and Services.
Specific areas and functions of the Website and Services enable you to provide personal data to us. In some cases, personal data may be required in order to achieve full functionality within one or more Services. Personal data may be collected from manual submissions on our Website (e.g. web forms) as well as data fields that are populated as you use our Services.
We also leverage third-party tools and services to collect personal data for sales and marketing purposes. These tools and services are listed on our subprocessors page along with a website reference and purpose for each.
The personal data that we collect from you can include the categories and examples listed below.
|Device & Location||
Purposes of Data Collection
We use the personal data you provide to us to do the following:
- Operate our business, Services, and the Website.
- Process payments and other transactions.
- Improve our existing Services and develop new Services.
- Maintain our databases and back-ups, including records of our communications with you.
- Ensure the privacy and security of our Website and Services.
- Detect fraud and prevent loss.
- Improve our customer service.
- Communicate with you and respond to your feedback, requests, questions, or inquiries.
- Promote our existing Services.
- Contact you about new and upcoming Services.
- Improve our marketing efforts, including providing more tailored advertising.
- Analyze use of the Website and our Services and prepare aggregate traffic information.
- Determine and track user interests, trends, needs, and preferences.
- Facilitate corporate mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, dissolutions, or other transfers.
- Accomplish another purpose described to you when you provide the information, for which you have consented, or for which we have a legal basis under law.
- Accomplish any other purpose related to and/or ancillary to any of the purposes and uses described in this Policy for which your information was provided to us.
- Comply with federal, state, or local laws.
- Comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, order, or summons by federal, state, or local authorities.
- Cooperate with law enforcement agencies.
- Exercise or defend legal rights or claims.
- Create, use, retain, or disclose de-identified or aggregated data.
How We Share Data
For the purposes of data collection listed above, we may share personal information with specific third parties which include:
- Built’s corporate affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Our subprocessors, who assist us in providing our Website and Services.
- Law enforcement agencies, courts, and other governmental and regulatory organizations (when required by law).
- Other third parties that may offer products and services specifically requested by you, or that you have granted data sharing consent for.
We may also disclose to third parties, aggregated information or de-identified information about our users that does not identify any specific individual, such as groupings of demographic data or customer preferences.
Your Data Rights
As an individual, you have specific privacy-related rights surrounding the personal data you submit to us and that we process during the course of providing our Services. These are described below.
Consent for Processing
You have the right to deny or withdraw consent for the collection and/or processing of your personal data in certain circumstances, using several methods.
- You may choose to customize or disable cookies while using our Website. See the Cookies and Other Web Processing section for more information.
- You may choose not to complete and submit certain web forms containing your personal information through our Website (e.g. marketing or product demo forms).
- You may use the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of marketing messages and other select emails you receive from Built, to stop receiving them. This does not include system messages that are generated as an integral part of our Services – you may choose to discontinue receiving these emails by canceling use of the applicable Services.
- You may contact us directly to withdraw your consent for certain types of personal data processing (see the Contacting Us section for communication details). Submitted requests are reviewed by our compliance team against applicable regulatory or legal requirements.
The additional rights below may apply in certain circumstances. If you wish to know more about our personal data processing practices or exercise any of these rights, please contact us (see the Contacting Us section for communication details).
- You have the right to know what personal data we process, why we process it and in what ways it is processed.
- You have the right to request correction or deletion of your personal data.
- You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal data. (Note that Built does not currently sell personal data.)
Built does not discriminate against any individual that wishes to inquire about and exercise any of the privacy rights available to you under applicable privacy regulations. We will do our best to inform and assist you following your request.
Cookies and Other Web Processing
What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small file created by a web server that can be stored on your device (if you allow it) for use either during a particular browsing session (a session cookie) or a future browsing session (a persistent cookie). Session cookies are temporarily stored on your device and only last until they expire at the end of your browsing session. Persistent cookies remain stored on your device until they expire or are deleted by you. Persistent cookies are typically used to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on a website.
First-party cookies are set by the website you’re visiting, and they can only be read by that site. Third-party cookies are set by a party other than that website.
Other Web Processing
In addition to cookies, we utilize other web processing technologies to automatically gather information as you browse our Website and utilize our Services. These include the following:
Web beacons. These are tiny graphics (sometimes called clear GIFs or web pixels) with unique identifiers that are used to understand browsing activity. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your device, web beacons are rendered invisibly on the web pages you visit.
Social Widgets. These are buttons or icons provided by third-party social media platforms that allow you to interact with social media services when you view a webpage or mobile app screen. These social widgets may collect browsing data, which may be received by the third party that provided the widget and are controlled by third parties.
UTM Codes. These are strings that can appear in a URL (the Uniform Resource Locator, which is typically the address entered to go to a webpage) when you move from one web page or website to another. The string can represent information about browsing, such as which advertisement, page, or publisher sent you to the receiving website.
Web Navigation Replay. Our platform monitoring solutions provide the ability for our engineers to replay a user’s navigation history while using our web-based Services, for the purposes of troubleshooting customer support requests and bug reports. Note that this only applies to logged-in users on our Services platforms, not our Website.
Third parties connected to our Website and Services may use automated data collection technologies to collect information about you when you browse the Internet. The information they collect about your online browsing activities over time and across different websites and other online services may be associated with your personal information and used to provide you with targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about targeted content, you should contact the responsible party directly or consult their privacy policies.
How We Protect Data
Built maintains a security program designed to protect the personal data we process from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed in an unauthorized manner. We periodically review our security procedures to measure best practices, and consider appropriate new technologies and methods.
Data submitted via the internet, including through a web page or email, is subject to interception or incorrect routing, and the internet is not a fully secure communications channel. Please consider this prior to submitting any personal data to us via the Website or Services. No method of transmission over the internet is 100 percent secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your personal data, Built cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Built partners with third-party vendors (our subprocessors) who assist us in providing our Website and Services. We have a vendor management program in place designed to review subprocessor privacy and security programs and ensure they are meeting best practices and contractual obligations with us.
Our subprocessor page can be found here: Subprocessors Detail
When we add or change any of the subprocessors we partner with, we update this page to reflect changes.
You also play a role in the safety and security of your personal data. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login credentials, as well as ensuring you only disclose your personal data through secure means.
If Built experiences a data breach which compromises your personal data, we will notify you and any appropriate regulation bodies when we are required to do so by applicable law.
How We Retain Data
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected (e.g. to provide our Services to you) and to comply with applicable laws.
Data Belonging to Children
The Services provided by Built are not directed to or intended for use by individuals under 13 years of age. Built does not knowingly collect any information from children under 13. If you become aware that your child is accessing the Website or Services, and is providing any personal data to Built, please contact us (see the Contacting Us section for communication details). We will take steps to remove any personal data provided by any child under 13 from our systems and terminate any accounts associated with the personal data.
Our Website and Services may contain links to websites operated by non-affiliated or independent third parties. Please be aware that these websites may collect and process your personal data when you visit and utilize them. These sites have not necessarily been reviewed by us and are not within our control. Built is not responsible for the privacy and data processing practices provided by or advertised on these third-party websites.
This Website and Services are intended solely for Built customers residing in the United States and Canada. If you reside in another country and choose to use our Website and Services, be aware that we may transfer your personal data to our subsidiaries and affiliated entities, or to other third parties, across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. These countries and jurisdictions may not offer the same data protection laws as yours.